In this interview, we connected with the amazing Missy, the mother of two sons and a daughter. She shared with us how she is doing with her family during this time living in Winnipeg, MB Canada. We've also asked her to kindly share how we could together cope with the current situation and for her advice towards other mothers out there.
And of course....her experience with HAMICO💛
1. Please introduce yourself and your family!
My name is Missy Yandow, I live in Rochester, NY with my husband and 3 kids: Timmy (7), Kaiya (5) and Joshua (3)
2. Where do you call home and what's your neighborhood like?
Born & raised here in Rochester. Our neighborhood is like a scene out of Mister Rogers Neighborhood. We live on a cul-de-sac with the best neighbors a girl could ask for. We're very close with each other and support each other in every way possible. From bringing each other Starbucks to watching each other's kids and sharing recipe ingredients, I love our little neighborhood.
3. How are you spending time with your kids these days? Would you like to share your (their) favorite activities?
We are all home 7 days a week, just taking this quarantine 1 day at a time. I have a preschooler, kindergartener, and 1st grader all doing school from home. I'm running Slumber and Bloom from home and my husband is a Fraud Investigator... working from home! We love having 3 meals a day together and building forts and obstacle courses.
4. Is there a creative or challenging project you're currently working on? If so, what inspired you to start this process?
I'm constantly trying to find better ways to organize our playroom and teach the kids to keep things where they belong... what inspired this?? ... THE MESS! haha
5. Could you tell us what motivates you to get up every morning? (Besides coffee!)
My kids. They are my everything and they are the reason why I do everything I do. I want to set a good example for them and show them that with determination and dedication, they can accomplish anything.
6. Do you have any advice for other moms out there to get through this tough wave we're riding together?
Take it one day at a time. Sometimes, that's too hard. And it's ok to take it one hour at a time. Plan out HOW you can get through the LONG days. Throw on some of your favorite music and dance. Dancing has ALWAYS been my release. And now my kids love to join me in silly dance parties. Call a friend, paint a picture, go for a walk.
7. What was your experience like using a HAMICO toothbrush? Feel free to be honest lol :)
Off the bat, my kids were SO excited to get new "cool" toothbrushes. They wanted to brush right away, but I made them wait until bedtime. They are actually easier to use than the ones we had previously because the head is smaller than the old ones. It was easier to reach all the way back in their mouths to brush every little crevice.
8. Did your kids enjoy using BABY HAMICO and did they continue to use it?
We let a friend use it because our "baby" is 3 years old. But she said she loves it because the ring is easy for the baby to hold onto and also makes it seem like he's "helping" to brush his teeth.
9. Have you ever struggled with brushing your baby's teeth? If so, do you mind sharing about it?
YES! My kids would fight it because they just didn't want to do it. We would have to hold their mouths open and just get in there the best we could. They're doing much better as they're getting older and more used to the process, but a fun toothbrush is always helpful!
10. What are your favorite BABY HAMICO features?
I love the smaller head and the general design. The kids say they love the designs they got!
11. Anything else you want to share with HAMICO customers?
Parenthood is a beautiful blessing. Enjoy the little moments, work through the struggles and don't be afraid to ask for help. It takes a village!
Photography by Missy Yandow @slumberandbloom
Our new series called "BABY (HAMICO) & I " where we had the opportunity to interview
our HAMICO ambassadors and take a peek into their personal life!
All of our items are available for purchase HERE